Emre Ersahin is a co-founder of Tapu, an online real estate auction marketplace where we’re investors. Emre recently wrote a post sharing some data about Tapu’s first calendar year of operations. Here are some of the highlights:
- Tapu has completed hundreds of property sales in half of Turkey (44 provinces) since it started monetizing in August 2015.
- The number of transactions on Tapu is growing at a rate of 70% per quarter.
- 40% of transactions on Tapu are completed in less than 15 days.
- The fastest sale on Tapu was that of a flat in Antalya which sold in 41 hours.
- Half of the auctions on Tapu in December 2016 closed with a premium above the seller’s reserve price, giving sellers a 5% profit.
You can read the full piece here.
Also published on Medium.