In the interview, Emre talks about how Tapu works, the advantages of its online auction model for both buyers and sellers, and the company’s recent expansion to begin serving individual sellers.
Tapu, an online real estate auction marketplace where we’re investors, recently completed its first year of operations.
The company shared some data about its performance over its first year, which you can read in Turkish here.
Here are some highlights of what the company achieved during its first year:
- The number of properties sold on Tapu grew an average of 87% per quarter.
- Over 1,200 buyer candidates participated in auctions on Tapu.com in the 2nd quarter of 2016.
- Tapu.com had 250,000 visitors in July 2016.
- Of the properties that were first listed for sale in May 2016, 30% were sold within 3 months (by the of July 2016).
- Of the properties sold on Tapu, 26% were sold within the first 15 days of listing.